Monday, January 13, 2014

Hypervoxel Blend Scale experiment

I've been experimenting with Lightwave 3D's Blend Mode for Hypervoxels. The basic concept being if two particles get close enough, the Hypervoxel surfaces will merge. The blend is similar to two water droplets combining or maybe two pools of mercury. I watched two tutorials discussing Blend Scale and I noticed that you could animate or add a texture to the Blend Scale. The result being a non-uniform Blend Scale depending on the texture type used. For my experiment, I used a Procedural Texture - Turbulence and I animated the Scale, Position and Rotation over time. To add to the effect, I also added a Ripples Procedural Texture to the Particle Size. I didn't animate the Ripples but that could be interesting as well.




Hypervoxel Blending videos:
from kevman3d - Understanding Hypervoxel Blending Scales
from dwburman - LightWave 11 Test - Animated Blend Scale

No comments:

Post a Comment